Based on job growth and investment, Lake County is enjoying one of the best runs in history. As LCP celebrates its 25th anniversary, we’re looking back at the biggest accomplishments of 2022 in our new Annual Report. Highlights include:
• LCP’s work drove $202 million in direct investment, created 419 new jobs and retained 112 existing jobs.
• Lake County’s Gross Domestic Product – the gold standard measure of overall economic activity – continued to climb, growing 9.6% and reaching $69.7 billion over the past 3 years.
• Lake County remained the home of the largest collection of Fortune 500 headquarters in the Midwest outside of the Chicago Loop.
• Life sciences and advanced manufacturing thrived, because LCP worked with business leaders to tap into incentives and help them grow.
• Major school investments enhanced educational opportunities and strengthened Lake County’s talent pipeline.
• LCP began implementing the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy, leveraging opportunities for early childhood education and housing.
• Regional leaders launched the Greater Chicagoland Economic Partnership, creating a bold vision for business attraction.
• Lively in-person events resumed, bringing together partners for inspired collaboration and setting the stage for continued success.