Arts, Entertainment & Culture
Target Industry Information
- Lake County has many recreational and cultural facilities that contribute to a high quality of life, including the Genesee Theatre, Six Flags Great America, Gurnee Mills, Lake Michigan waterfront, 40+ golf courses, six state parks, and more than 30,000 acres of forest preserves.
- This targeted industry includes 440 companies in Lake County, with total revenues in excess of $700 million.
- These 440 entities employ more than 10,000 people, approximately 3% of Lake County’s total workforce.
- Lake County is a known commodity within the film industry, offering a diversity of “location shots” from suburban Chicago, to lakefront, to older industrialized communities and residential estates.
- Lake County is conveniently located halfway between Chicago and Milwaukee on the I-94 Corridor.
Businesses in Lake County’s Arts / Culture / Entertainment Industries
- 123 Motion picture production or distribution companies
- 15 Music recording studios or production companies
- 26 Performing arts entities
- 134 Independent artists, writers, and performers
- 53 museums and art galleries
- 30 marinas, boatyards, and storage businesses
- 11 horse farms
- Major amusement park, outdoor water park, and indoor water park attractions
- A renown concert venue
- A nationally-recognized, restored historic theater